Okay, so you have a killer website set up, mastered your writing, and have beautiful pictures…. but where is everyone?
I would go as far to say marketing is 90% of blogging. You can have an amazing site with perfect itineraries, but all of that doesn’t matter if no one can find you!
Pinterest is often assumed to be a social media site, but in reality… it is a visual search engine. Think Google, but a lot more fun.
Before taking Slaying Social’s Pinterest Traffic Course (AKA, walking blind in the big, scary world of travel blogging), I was STILL getting decent traffic from Pinterest. I was sure that if I invested a little bit of money into some education, I would see big results.
There are a lot of courses out there but not too many that specialize in Pinterest. I have been following the popular blogger, Lia from Practical Wanderlust, a while before she announced her Pinterest Course and signed up instantly!
Okay Monique, enough about you and your boring life journey… the course!
Slaying Social is a great FREE resource, but they also dive deeper into certain topics in the form of courses. These courses are fairly priced, especially for how much knowledge they give you.
The course I took (Pinterest Traffic) was taught by Lia from Practical Wanderlust. She is well known as a Pinterest guru with a education background in graphic design. She is extremely new to the blogging game and is already seeing HUGE success!
In this course, she walks you through how to set up your Pinterest account, What to write in your Pinterest bio, Pin design tools, Signing up for the right group boards to optimize in the search engines, the importance of keywords, how she “launches” her pins, and so much more.
- It’s online with a log in that can be easily accessed from any computer or phone.
- She gives your brain a little break from reading because she includes a lot of videos. She demonstrates a lot of her strategies through video to give you a visual representation of what she is talking about.
- I can personally attest that the course has made astronomical improvements to my engagement, traffic, and email list.
- They have a Facebook group where all the members critique each other’s pins, share their success stories, and ask questions about the course.
- She goes into great detail about her “Pin Launching” strategy, which I felt this alone made the course worth it.
- Her witty writing style is hilarious and makes the detailed reading extremely easy to read.
- She shares all her secrets on graphic design and what free apps to use. She even includes a very detailed video on how to use these apps.
- She is in close contact with Pinterest’s headquarters and notifies you about algorithm changes and what they mean.
- She shares all her knowledge on how to achieve what all bloggers are aiming to achieve, a viral Pin.
- The beginning sections of the course are more beginner level (setting up your account, what to write in your bio, etc.). Since I already did this, I was scared that this course was too beginner level. Don’t fear though, the course definitely picks up and you will learn a lot!
- I was hungry for learning and moved through the course much faster than the “locked” sections would let me. I would have to wait a full week before the other sections would unlock.
- UPDATE: If you email them asking to unlock them, they now will unlock them early for you!
Overall, I would definitely recommend this course. Lia’s writing is extremely easy to read and majority of the course material (past the first few sections), can not be found anywhere online for free. I loved the course so much that I also purchased the other half of Slaying Social, Christina Guan’s E Book on affiliate marketing.
If you want to see their current price for the Pinterest course, or browse another one of their many courses, you can check it out here!
Pssst.. if this course isn’t for you, I also have a lengthy review on Nomadic Matt’s The Business of Travel Blogging Course. He doesn’t dive into Pinterest very much, but he does touch on marketing, writing and monetizing.
Thanks so much for stopping by♥
Like this review? Pin it here!
There’s a high chance that this post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you), that goes directly towards little Rosie’s dog treats!